Wednesday, February 21, 2007

First week at College

When I walked into my class (I PUC A section) I saw that the class was jam packed (about 85 students). As usual there were no takers for the first two benches. I promptly went and sat in the second bench as all the other benches were occupied. After few minutes another girl walked by and sat next to me, her name was Soumya and she was from Vasavi vidyaniketan. We had 3 lectures and it was 2 p.m when we were done for the day. My school would get over at 5 and here the classes were over by 2! I was really thrilled and marvelled at the change :).

I also found out that out of 85 students there were 12 of them who were rank holders. I was getting ready to head out when I spotted my Websters school class mate Harish, I was atlast happy to see one familiar face. His dad was an MP so he had somehow managed to get into PCMB in National college inspite of getting 54% over all. I did meet him and his wife when I went to Bangalore to attend my sister's wedding 2 years ago.

There is this pastry shop called "Butter Sponge" which is right opposite National college and they have yummy cakes and puffs. I simply enjoyed gorging on the goodies whenever I got a chance.

After a week or so I got a notice from National College Jayanagar that there was a seat vacant for II PUC B section and that I could take a transfer if I wanted. I was really happy about this and immediately jumped at the offer. I hated travelling in those crowded buses and had to deal with those "accidental brushes" here and there by fellow commuters (men of course!), so this was a welcome solution.

3 comments:

FH said...

Ugh!! Those buses and those brushes!Disgusting,I still remember those.
Happy to know you got in where you wanted atleast!:)

Sia said...

i guess there is a typo deepa. II PUC 'B' in jayanagar?
waiting for more stories:)

Deeps said...

Oh so finally you landed in NCJ? which batch were you in? I finished my PU there in 1997 :).