Wednesday, February 6, 2008

This is what is happening on our end..

It has been a long time since I blogged, lot of things have happened in the last 2 months. For starters we embarked on a major home remodeling project, as of now we got granite counter tops for the kitchen, added a flair (tiles to the wall), got wooden flooring for living room, changed our blinds. We still have a long way to go, as we are planning on getting a new staircase, and of course, we need to remodel our 4 bathrooms, and paint the whole house (phew). G and I bought this house 9 years ago, we couldn't really afford any fancy options as G got laid off immediately after we signed our contractual papers, so we ended up with bare minimum options. One of the major resolutions for this year has been to clear out the clutter and remodel our house, which we are achieving at a steady pace. We donated 3 sacks of clothes, 2 sacks of shoes, all of them in pristine condition mind you.

I have taken up a certification in my line of work and that pretty much takes up most of my time in the evening. Our little one caught the stomach bug and promptly passed it on to mommy, so I am down with high fever, this illness has tired me out so bad that I can't even stand or walk in a steady manner. G is taking care of both of us, he is cooking for us and ordering food every now and then. I have taken time off from work for the last 2 days. My team is so dependent on me that they have ended up rescheduling all my meetings :(, just when I thought that I could get a real break from my work!

I would like to end this post by congratulating fellow blogger and friend orchid for purchasing a new home. Orchie, it is a lot of fun doing up your new house. Hearty congratulations to you, Uj and little A.

8 comments:

FH said...

Hi D, get well soon. My son and hubby is down with flu too, it's going around unfortunately.

We bought 8yrs old house too, furnished it immedietely. Last year we got new roof, AC and bboiler. I need a new kitchen and tile floors too, planning to get one this Spring. It is inconvenient but what can you do. Owning a home is not easy!!:)
Glad to hear from you. What's happening with that cousin of your's. Did family find her?
Take care, hugs.

Sia said...

hey deepa,
get well soon and enjoy remodeling of ur home:)

Deeps said...

Hope you get well soon and have fun remodelling your home :).

Deeps said...

I didn't read Sia's comment above when I typed mine, I was shocked to see how similar they are in content :-D.

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

Hey, I hope you are doing better now... Take care!

Chickoo said...

Ashakka - Some really nasty viruses are going around. Hope by now your hubby and son are doing ok. My next post is on Bhargavi, I promise :)

Sups - Thanks, we surely are enjoying the remodeling :)

Deeps - Thanks, I realized the similarities after reading your comment :). Snigdha is chooo cute, I was looking at her recent pics.

Ramya - We are doing much better, now, thanks :).

Indian in NZ said...

Good to know that you are doing better - remodelling a house is a herculian task.

Chickoo said...

2B's Mommy - Welcome back, hope you had a great vacation.