Thursday, January 11, 2007

Life in Bangalore - II

We changed schools when I was in 7th standard, my pappa felt that we should study in a convent school because one of his cousins had his 2 kids studying there. So off we went to Websters High School. This school has 2 branches, one in Hanumanthanagara, the other in Ittumadu Village (you should see this place now, this is anything but a village, houses here cost you anywhere between 1 to 2 crores!!). So my poor sis and I were separated :(, she was in the Hanumanthanagara branch which had classes till 6th and I was in Ittumadu which had classes from 7th to 10th. We used to travel in the van every morning. My thatha(grandpa) and ammamma (grand mom)would help us get ready everyday. I still remember my ammamma telling me "Paalu thaagu, Paalu thaagu" meaning drink your milk. My grand father used to take us to the van stop and be there till we left. We used to be so happy if the van driver didn't turn up. I remember once my sister and I were waiting for the van to arrive and we waited and waited for 35 minutes, that driver didnt turn up, suddenly this tall dark and charming guy comes to us and says "Makkale nimage schoolu illa, Nazeer saab has died so you have a holiday", Nazeer saab was some minister then. My sis and I were so happy we literally jumped and said abba schoolu illappa and rushed home. I realized that the guy who told this to us was none other than Prakash Rai also known as Prakash Raj in Tamil filmdom. He used to live in our locality when he was a struggling actor.

No comments: