Thursday, January 11, 2007

Life in Bangalore

I was born and brought up in Bangalore in a typical middle class kannada brahmin household. My mom and dad worked for Canara Bank for 32 and 34 years respectively and took voluntary retirement. I used to live in Banashankari II stage, my grand parents and 2 of my aunts were living with us. My sister and I used to go to JSS high school for 6 years. This school was close to our house and the ayah used to come in the morning to take us every day. She was appointed to help us cross the roads :)). My sister and I would follow her dutifully for a few blocks, once we were sure that our parents were not watching us we would speed away, the ayah would come screaming behind us saying "Ayyo enramma idu ee tarha odtheera, osi ninthkalli".
I made some very good friends when I was in JSS, but alas, I have lost touch with every one of them, if any of you read this blog please do get in touch with me.
My good friends there were:
Archana - Her mom was a teacher in the same school and was called SSB those were her initials
Vidya - Her mom was a teacher and her name is Shanthi Miss
Priyanka - she left school when we were in 6th standard
Deepa and Divya - twins
Kavitha - she is a very funny girl and always used to crack jokes, I just found out that she lives behind my mom's house, so I will catch up with her when I go to Bangalore.

5 comments:

Deeps said...

Oh man!! Coincidences galore!! My dad used to work for Canara bank and he took voluntary retirement too! And we used to live in banashankari 2nd stage right in front of the bata shop if you remember :).

Chickoo said...

Deepthi,

Cool! So you lived right opposite Bata?? My sis and I used to walk there many times, we used to go to this beauty parlor called Charu's, do you remember that? Your face also looks familiar, I must have seen you either in Devagiri temple or BDA complex, not sure. My sis and I used to go to music classes which were taught by Dr. Vasudev's wife Vijaya Vasudev.

FH said...

Hi Chickoo! Just read this and lol at "osi ninthkalli"!:D

Deeps said...

Yeah, Charu's was right in front of our house. Moreover, Charu and Amit, the kids of Sunitha aunty (the owner of Charu's) were close friends of ours :).

I think I attended the music classes for sometime too, is she the one whose house had kind of brown-orange grills, and the house was very near to the bus stop?

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I just happened to browse your blog. And read in one of your posts that you were in JSS school. I was also studying in JSS school from 3rd standard to 10th. I saw the list of your friends & was surprised to see that they were my friends too. Very curious to know what your real name is. By the way my name is Sowjanya. I don't know whether you know me or not.