Friday, January 12, 2007

Mathematics - Grrrrrr

Gawd!!! how I hated Maths! I know a lot of you may disagree and say that it is the most interesting subject, but you know I never felt so. I remember getting only 36 out of 100 or 20 out of 50 the minimum marks you need to pass through. Things were still not so bad until I came to 7th standard. We had a teacher called Swarna who taught Maths, she was a strict teacher and would be cross with the students who did bad (me!). Our final exams were fast approaching and still my scores hadn't improved (I had got 44 out of 100 in the preparatory exams!) I finally decided enough is enough and had a talk with my parents, they calmly listened to me and decided to meet Swarna miss for further guidance in this issue. All three of us went to her house, she greeted us warmly and her husband had just returned from a temple, he applied the kumkum on my forehead and said chennagi odamma meaning study well. Swarna miss told me that she would coach me and she shared a lot of question papers from previous years. I would work out those problems and she would correct them and guide me on solving them in a better manner. I really did work hard for my 7th finals and was apprehensive when the results were out. I had got 63 out of 100!! this was quite an achievement for someone like me who had always managed to scrap through. Phew I brushed off the sweat from my forehead.

My love-hate relationship with maths continued till I finished my II PUC. I will share my 10th standard experience in the next post.

No comments: