Friday, January 12, 2007

School life

I had the time of my life at websters. I made some really good friends. Vasundhara was my bestestest friend :). She was such a sweet girl, once when I was in 8th standard we had a teacher called Kamakshi miss, she had asked us to get a 100 pages note book to be used as a monthly test book. I had conveniently forgotten about this. The next day the teacher asked who hasn't got the book and I was getting ready to stand up, Vasu immediately sneaked her book into my hands and stood up. However much I protested she didn't listen. The teacher beat her badly on both her palms, they were swollen so bad. I felt soo guilty and sad and angry about myself. She and I used to spend a lot of time together. During P.T (free) periods she and I would take a walk around the school and she would tell me movie stories. She used to be a telugu movie buff and had a huge collection of Vijayanashanthi's, Venkatesh's and Balakrishna's pictures.

She would tell me the story of the latest movie she had watched at Kamakhya theatre and I would gobble it up with gusto! We would always share our lunch and to this day I can't forget her mom's mango-lime pickle, they tasted heavenly. We had another girl called Manjula who would never get her lunch and would always ask others to share their lunch with her, she was the "Official Buddha" of the class, atleast thats what every body had nick named her. The guys of our class especially this guy called Srinivas would say "Bhavathi bikshaam dehi" when she would start asking us to share our food.

We also had another girl called Swapna and she was this lice distributor of our class, I know this sounds gross, but I noticed that everytime she sat next to us I would go home with a scratchy scalp and calmly pass it on to sis. The moment our mom saw the two of us trying to compete with each other in scratching our scalps, she would know the cause and immediately she would summon us and apply coconut or castor oil and comb our hair and kill those lice that would crawl out of the comb.
I was ok in studies, even though Mathematics was always my big problem as I sucked big time in that. Everything else was fine and I still managed to be within the first 10 ranks as my average was better in other subjects.

No comments: