Monday, September 10, 2007

Angel - Day 4 update

My little angel is in the incubator and on the ventilator right now. She had a high sodium and potassium content in her body, the doctors treated her and reduced the levels. Yesterday she had some platelet defficiency, so the doctors had to give some blood to her. There is a pipe from her nose, there is another one stuck to her little feet, there is one from her belly button. She weighs 1.2 k.g and not 1 and a half pounds as I mentioned earlier, there was some confusion on my mom's part when she conveyed the news to me.

The doctors tried to remove the ventilator when they observed that the angel was responding well to the treatment, but the baby came down with violent convulsions, so they were forced to put the ventilator back. The doctors still maintain that the baby is in a critical stage, anything may happen at anytime.

May god give the strength to my sister to brave through this. I am at work, but I just can't seem to concentrate on anything. My sister was discharged yesterday, she broke down when she came home. She never thought that she would come empty handed. She became hysterical and violent I believe, my parents notified my aunts who have always been pillars of support for both of us. They immediately came and had to restrain her. Thank you all for your prayers, I will keep you updated on the angel's progress.

1 comment:

FH said...

D, so sorry to hear that about your sister.She needs medical help and support.Women usually go thru' baby blues with normal delivery and the new baby, I can understand how she must be feeling.Let a doctor take care of her needs with medicine to keep her calm.
Trisha was born 5 weeks early.Although she was 5 1/2 lbs,she was still in the hospital or a week, we went home without the baby too.It was tough.
God bless all of you.